Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hopeless hope



Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine of it has caught my eye
And roped me in
So mesmerizing, so hypnotizing
I am captivated
I am Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
I swear I knew it all along
And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself
So let me slip away
So let me slip against the current
So let me slip away
-dashboard confessional (vindicated)
...
..
.


HOPE.. another 4 letter word.. or is it?
"Let me tell you something friend--hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane." famously quoted by Red in shawshank redemption.
I was just following the wiki page for hope. "Hopefulness is different from optimism. Hope is an emotional state, whereas optimism is a conclusion reached through a deliberate thought pattern that leads to a positive attitude."
Hope is different form positive thinking,which refers to a systematic process to reverse the pessimism.
Strange.. i thought hope would be glorified in all schools of thoughts and religions..
In Greek mythology, when pandora opened the box, she let all the evils out except hope. hope is more potent than any of the major evils.
Friedrich Nietzsche argued that "In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment." (though its not entirely in the context). "The miserable have no other medicine But only hope."
As per the study in University of michigan, obstacle to emotional recovery is hope.. the belief that current hardship is temporary.

so Hope is so bad..?
its like dreaming .. is dreaming useless..?
err.. dreaming is making the castles in air, one just needs to wake up and dig foundations for it.
but u need to wake up..
what about hope.. it should be backed by action to fulfill it, but most of the times.. hope is about something to happen.. Its passive..
because if its active.. i think it can be comparatively easier to translate into action.. and self belief. confidence.

so what is this hope for..
>> Dude? Dont tell me u still hoping??
>> For what??? move on accept the facts, logics, be practical
but then..
glory comes to those who defies the facts and logics ... hm?



weblink: http://youtube-topp.blogspot.com/
some very good videos, all at one place.. though still very few

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home