Saturday, March 01, 2008

addicted to running

Nomad has been walking.
The landscape is quite flat, barren and, yes, monotonous. At the dawn, nomad starts the journey, looking ahead for those unseen pit stops on his route. But now, they are all the same. It’s the same landscape everywhere. Whichever direction he turns its unending, vast, flat topography; till the horizon.
After all those adventures routes, (yes now he really think they were so happening) it was a sudden change of journey for him, a flat terrain!! At first, he loved it. Nomad likes changes. Alas, the change was meant to last for a longer time. And after that, it stretched for some more time. And still more time.

And now for months, the journey has been the same. Not a bit of difference. The mighty-sky too has been covered with dust that refuses to settle down. There has been no sunshine all along. In the night, when nomad looks up at the sky, he could only sense that black blanket.
Still he has to walk, He is nomad.
And then, on one particular day this sudden urge within came from nowhere. He wanted to kick the stone and start the journey for the day.
Ah.. frustration is showing up the tentacles. How could he forgot.
Heaving a sigh, he realizes he has still a long way to go.
Frustration is the poison that killed so many fellow travelers.
He has to be careful. He still has a long way to go….


…………….
………
……
….
..
Run.. Run…
(legs are stiff)
So what?? You just Run ..
(its an awkward rhythm)
Stop being a baby?? Just run..
(I cannt breathe, something is pullin me back..)
Yes .. its all the cobwebs,pain,dirt, u have accumulated since the last time u ran..
Just run.. and breathe them out.. 

:o
I have started running
Yess.. errr...again..
Well, if we just go in the flash back..
(gosh .. flashback neednot be in black and white alwez..!!! my earlier days were colourful!!)

... I used to run as a kid. But that was more, coz ma used to wake me up in morning, and a 15-25 minute run was considered to be a waking-up-from-sleep routine. Those were never the regular runs. and most of the time never worked, i would dozze down again after coming to room.

...We used to walk a lot in our vacations after 10th. But couldn’t run ;) and that was more because of the all sci-fi-gadget-movie-cricket-talks we used to have in morning. We actually never got any time to run, so we used to walk (and that is the most pathetic excuse I have ever made…)

...And then,engineering. It is a great place for running, I started my runs in second year. Nanda-Devi hostel-Central Park-trishul hostel-adhikari canteen, and then sit at the benches in temple park to see the most amazing sunrises.
Waking up in morning and then watching the sunrise is the one of the most inspiring moment I have experienced.
But well.. ahem… there was one more awesome moment .. having maggii at 3 o clock in the morning  . No need to further elaborate; my run-and-sunrise-watchings in engg hostel life was never regular.

...In Ahmedabad, it was all due to shark, that I started running (again), but I was never as regular as he was. Though, only on rainy mornings I used to promptly get up in the morning for a run, and used to walk and run. It is another joy for me, to walk in the rain.

From there on, I guess I never woke up in morning for a run. A lot happened in between, and life got drifted away. Suddenly I realized I was losing the joy I had discovered in those so many small moments, so what is stopping me to go ahead and live my way again.

And then suddenly, I started running.

And yes .. the sunrise still looks amazing.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Ashish said...

That sounds like something i know about. Have been running on an off for my entire life !

Everytime I manage to drag myself out of bed early in the morning, the day used to sorten itself out on its own :)

But then, thats too few a number of days to call it a habit. Good idea for a post Tushar !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home