Sunday, May 07, 2006

FREEBIRD

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be travelling on, now,
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see.
But, if I stayed here with you, girl,
Things just couldn't be the same.
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now,
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I can't change.

Bye, bye, its been a sweet love.
Though this feeling I can't change.
But please don't take it badly,
'Cause Lord knows I'm to blame.
But, if I stayed here with you girl,
Things just couldn't be the same.
Cause I'm as free as a bird now,
And this bird you'll never change.
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I can't change.
Lord help me, I can't change

---- " freebird" ... Lynyrd Skynyrd


............

.........
......
...



I like sitting and waiting in bus stops.

(??)


I mean.. I like sitting there and watching people to wait for buses..running after buses.. people getting dwon from buses.. watching people sitting in buses, standing in buses.. people clinging on the bus doors.. vehicles going up n down..
I love to sit on bus stop and watch this all.

The traffic moving along both ways.. everyone rushing to his/her destination. Everyone eager to beat .. either time or the fellow in front of him...
People driving their cars listening to FM oblivious to that lady sitting on the pathway trying to sew something...

I visualise them all raging battles of their lives in their mind.. they have lot many issues to tackle and they are thinkin about these all.. Upcoming home warming ceremony... last installments of the bike... first installemnt of the car... they seemed to be sharpening up their strategy in their mind..

This traffic everyday is giving them a moment to ponder... about their destination..
( or is it...???)


That person clinging to the door of the bus... He seems to be more worried about present then any distant future.. He just tried to push someone here and there .. putting a foot inside, a creek a space.. one last push.. ans he is inside...
Inside the bus he can only see hands .. lots of habds clinging to the bar overhead.. colourful sleeves.. colourful watches..

but here i am sitting on the bus stop only..
I saw the bus which is going to my route, but there hardly comes any impulse to move and run with others.. i rather wait and see the whole process again...

am I waiting for something.. i dont knw..
am I not getting late.. may be.

I ponder about them i ponder about myself...
I ponder what they are thinkin .. and the bus journey.. helping them to get to their destination ..
I ponder about what i am doing and where i am going.. I am thinkin abt my career .. about my parents..
I see their faces.. tryin to decipher the dreams in their eyes..
I am thinkin about the "things to do list" i had made in 12th standard..
thinkin about my grandpa..

I enjoy being among the people and crowd..
I enjoi to be lonely in the crowd
at least at this moment...

....
...
..
..

2 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Shekhar said...

Egg-jactly what I do at the local railway stations here in Mumbai. :D

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tushi,,,,,read ur blog for the frst time......its really gud.....nvr knew ur brains actually thought so much!!!!!!


bt donn u think one needs to react n respond too!!!! instead of just watching........

luv 'n' luck
rajat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home